When there is a known Microsoft issue that is impacting migrations, we often post the details on the SkyKick Partner Portal. Microsoft has recently announced a variety of issues with Outlook 2016 that may affect SkyKick Partners' Migration to Office 365 projects. We want to be sure that you have all the information necessary to provide your customers with the best customer service and migration experience.
Microsoft Support Articles about Known Outlook 2016 Issues
- Error: Your mailbox has been temporarily moved to Microsoft Exchange server: When opening Outlook users might get an error from "Microsoft Exchange" that reads:
Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange server. A temporary mailbox exists, but might not have all your previous data. You can connect to the temporary mailbox or work offline with all of your old data. If you choose to work with your old data, you cannot send or receive e-mail messages.
- Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in Outlook for Windows: Includes Outlook crashes and slow performance; Outlook issues affecting email messages, attachments, and features; and Outlook troubleshooting tools.
To minimize the impact of this and other issues with Outlook 2016, the following best practices are recommended when upgrading to Outlook 2016 in conjunction with a migration.
- If users have not been upgraded to Outlook 2016 before the migration, it is best to wait to perform the upgrade until after the migration is complete.
- If an upgrade is being performed in conjunction with the migration, it is best to upgrade to Outlook 2016 and remove all previous versions of Outlook before installing the Outlook Assistant. If you have already installed the Outlook Assistant and need to upgrade to Outlook 2016 before cutover, please contact SkyKick Support.
- If using click-to-run, ensure that Outlook is opened and run before using click-to-run to install Outlook.
You can read more detail on Outlook troubleshooting in our Help Center HERE.
Amit Grover, Sr. Technical Product Manager, on behalf of Team SkyKick